April 27 -28 - Kiwi Festival
Another must. Satisfy the inner beast by feasting on this wonder fruit. See how it is grown, marketed, packaged and taste all the wonderful dishes that you can make with them.
The cooking competition inte Village Hall sees a number of well-known and amatuer chefs competing for the much coveted cup!
Products are also on sale in the marquee tent.
Contact: Jane Allison 083 442 7429
June - The Iron Crown Trail Run - date pending
An event organised by Rotary Haenertsburg - not for the faint-hearted! Runners compete in 5, 10 and 21 km trail runs and there are also two walks
A well-organised and very popular item on the athletics calender!
|July -Silvermist Health and Wellness Fair -
6 - 7 July
Has too many late nights and too much stress taken their toll on you? Are your yins and yangs at sixes and sevens and is your karma in danger of rolling over your dogma? If you answered yes to any of these, you need to visit the Silvermist Health and Wellness Fair in Haenertsburg June/July each year.
Practitioners and therapists, highly trained in their respective fields, are waiting to guide you and point you in the right direction.
Health and wellness products are on display and once again you will be able to stock up on all your favourite products. Essential oils, Himalayan Salt products, crystals, comfy colourful clothing, candles, wind chimes, herbal mixes and medications, you name it, we have it all.it!
Amanda: 083 447 8452
September/October -Magoebaskloof/Haenertsburg Spring Festival -
21 - 29 September 2012
Every year the azaleas and crab apples in the village gardens and at Cheerio burst forth in wonderfully colourful blosoms of pinks, purples and oranges. A sight never to tire of. During the end to the beginning of September the Spring Festival takes place at the Magoebaskloof Hotel and Haenertsburg Village.
Cheerio Gardens and Sequoia Gardens will be at their most beautiful as the flowering cheery and crabapple trees burst into bloom and azaleas create a riot of colour. Plans include two wonderful craft markets with their interesting goodies and fascinating demonstrations and the very popular orchid exhibition with beautiful and rare orchids, cymbidiums and bonsai.
Annemarie Brook: 082 883 4449.
Linda Miller: 082 575 5738
|Facilities in Haenertsburg
- Library - Open weekdays 08:00-13:00 and 14:00-17:30
- Church Services:
The Catholic Church Mount Carmel, Sundays 08:30
Haenertsburg Christian Church, Sundays 09:00
St Paul’s United Church, Sundays 09:30
- Medical Supplies and Private Doctor
- Post Office- Open 08:30-16:00, close at 13:00 on Fridays
- Fly-Fishing Shop
- The Elms Gift Shop
- Liquorzone/Haenertsburg Liquor Store
- Foodzone supermarket
- Meadows Café and butchery
- Hairdresser- Sandys
Things to do in the village:
- Browse the two trading posts on the premises for arts, crafts, Africana books, collectables and beautiful country style gifts, clothing and the other quaint shops in the village
- Visit the Long Tom Monument and War Memorial in the International arboretum
- Visit the most beautiful little cemetery with stunning views of the area (nice venue for a sundowner)
- Cozy restaurants, coffee shops, and pubs
- The Louis Changuion hiking trail starts at the village hall (next to the cottages), a 10 km hike including the cemetery, our beautiful grassland, patches of indigenous forests and the Wilgespruit that surround the village
- Spoil yourself with a relaxing massage
- Visit the library
Things to do in the area:
- Historical sites: Two places where the famous Boer Long Toms were destroyed
- Woodbush forest, the second largest indigenous forest in the country
- The Wolkberg Wilderness area
- The Rainqueen Modjadji and the pre-historic Cycad forest
- Trout fishing
- Abseiling, tubing, mountain biking (own bike)
- Horse riding
- Birding (Two South African birds, the Black-fronted Bush Shrike and the Blue Swallow are endemic to this area)
- Various tea gardens and nurseries
- Picnicking at the Dap Naude dam
- Waterfalls, including the Debengeni falls
- Cheese-making tour
- Magoebaskloof hiking trails
- Pekoe View tea garden - (Sapekoe tea estate)
- Cruises on the Ebenezer dam
- Magoebaskloof Adventures
- Magoebaskloof Canopy Tours